Yes, dog IS man’s best friend, but baby Carter and Toby the dog have developed a relationship which is simply astonishing. I am not at all surprised to learn that their Instagram account has 5,000 followers, which are eagerly anticipating each new image parents Devin and Jake Crouch have posted.
The chemistry between the future best friends began to form when Toby sensed that Devin was pregnant. In her words, he knew that “something was going to change his world”. She said:
This bond between them was evident to us even before Carter was born. While I was on bed rest, Toby, who was not allowed in our bedroom at the time, would sneak up and lay at the end of the bed to make sure I was okay.
Incredibly, the bond between the two only grows with time. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Carter (left) and his loyal pet Toby have been inseparable ever since the youngster was welcomed into the family home.
2. Carter’s parents Devin and Jake Crouch have used the Intsagram account as a journal for the boy, and have set them up in a number of poses.
3. Mother Devin, 26, who set up the account, says: ‘The bond that Carter and Toby share is absolutely incredible’.
4. Carter plays with cards while Toby lies on the laminate floor of their Indianapolis home behind him.
5. The youngster, relaxing in the sun, offers his dog a slice of watermelon. He responds by sticking out his tongue to taste the fruit.
6. Carter looks shocked standing next to Toby in the bath tub. The Instagram account now has more than 5,000 followers.
7. Devin said the social media account gives them an opportunity to share their ‘special moments’ as well as promote animal rescue.
8. Surrounded by toys, the pair crash out on the floor to catch a few winks following an eventful playtime.
9. The pair enjoying a day out in the country run side by side. Toby was rescued in 2011 and Carter was welcomed into the family home 16 months later.
10. Carter and Toby stare into the garden after getting fed up of playing with a set of toy trucks.
11. The pair relax together on the sofa. In the future, Carter’s parents will show him the photos, as well as the kind words written by ‘complete strangers’.
12. Toby looks around at Carter who, despite wearing a Superman t-shirt, has started crying.
13. The pair look at the camera from top and bottom. Devin and Jake have said their antics ‘continue to amaze them as parents’.
14. One of the first photos of the pair reveal their special bond, which began when Carter was in the womb.
15. While Carter is sound alseep in his car seat, Toby stoops down and watches over him.
And here is the video:
Via The Daily Mail.
Share Toby and Carter’s amazing bond with your friends below — they will be grateful.