A pregnant Tennessee woman has been charged with murder on Wednesday over the starvation and dehydration death of her two-month-old baby son.
Brittany Marie Wiest, 21 and an aspiring model, who is 24 weeks pregnant, has been charged with aggravated child abuse, aggravated child neglect and felony murder.
Her baby son, Anakin Leroy-Michael Wiest, was 59-days-old and weighed less than five pounds when was found dead. The police said that the child weighed almost six pounds when he was born, according to WKRN.
1. Brittany Marie Wiest, 21, woke up last year and her baby son wasn’t moving so she called 911. The cause of death was starvation and dehyrdration, and Wiest was charged with his homicide this week.
2. Anakin Leroy-Michael Wiest, was 59-days-old and weighed less than five pounds when was found dead. He is seen here with his older sister, who is now in state custody.
3. Brittany Wiest is currently 24 weeks pregnant with another child, her third.
On April 8 last year, police and paramedics responded to a 911 call from Wiest and her boyfriend — who is not the boy’s father — about an unresponsive baby.
Upon arrival at the apartment the couple share in the 900 block of Needham Drive in Smyrna, Tennessee, they were told by the pair that they had woken up to find the infant not moving. Detective Rick Hall told WKRN:
She honestly had no clue what had occurred, why the baby had passed away.
She just woke up, found the child in the condition it was in and called us.
4. Wiest has been charged with aggravated child abuse, aggravated child neglect and felony murder.
5. Wiest lived with her boyfriend — not the victim’s father — at the Village Crest apartments in Smyrna.
6. Wiest, who was arrested Wednesday, had her bond set at $100,000.
The cause of death was determined as starvation and dehydration and the police classified it as a homicide.
However the detectives spent almost a year investigating before finally charging Wiest this week.
Wiest has previously had run-ins with the Department of Children’s Services over neglect concerning her two-year-old daughter, who is now in state custody.
Her daughter and Anakin were born to different fathers, as is the child she is currently expecting.
Wiest is being held on a $100,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court in Rutherford County on February 17.
7. The 21-year-old’s son, Anakin, was 59-days-old and weighed less than five pounds.
8. Pregnant Brittany Marie Wiest was arrested after baby starved to death.
9 Mom charged in infant’s starvation death reflects in YouTube video.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers ΓÇö they would want to read that, too.