Police have released chilling footage of a machete-wielding killer rampaging through a London suburb after beheading a great-grandmother.
Nicholas Salvador, a paranoid schizophrenic, was filmed from a police helicopter storming through back gardens in a north London suburb, following his attack on 82-year-old Italian café owner Palmira Silva with a machete.
Before the attack on Silva, Salvador, whose nickname is Fat Nick, had decapitated two cats, just three doors down from where the woman lived. (Scroll down for the video.
1. This is the chilling footage which shows killer Nicholas Salvador strolling through a north London suburb during a terrifying 45-minute rampage in which he beheaded a great-grandmother.
2. The paranoid schizophrenic was captured on police camera walking up to a motorist who was sitting in his car while brandishing his weapons.
3. The driver was forced to flee from the scene after the 25-year-old began threatening him on the roadside.
Following the murder, Salvador, 25, who was also armed with a wooden stick, ran amok, breaking down fences and kicking down neighbors’ doors, as a police helicopter hovered overhead.
At one point, the murderer walked toward a driver sitting in his car and threatened him with his machete, forcing the man to flee from the scene.
Moments after murdering Silva, the six-foot, heavily-built killer came within feet of two children playing in their backyard, who were quickly urged away by police.
4. Seconds after killing Silva, the man came within just a few feet of two children (circled) who were playing in their backyard. He is pictured strolling into another property.
5. Delusional Salvador — who was also brandishing a stick — ran amok, tearing down fences and kicking down neighbors’ doors during the terrifying attack.
6. Salvador, 25, has been found not guilty of murder after killing 82-year-old Italian cafe owner Palmira Silva with a machete in London.
When they finally cornered him, police had to taser the man six times to subdue him and eventually arrest him. Today (June 23), the 25-year-old was found not guilty of Palmira Silva’s murder, on the grounds of insanity.
Salvador, who is reportedly a cage fighter, believed he was killing supernatural beings, including Adolf Hitler “back from the dead”, when he went on his killing spree.
Psychiatrists concluded that Salvador, who was described in court as a “decent man”, was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia and was legally insane when he murdered Silva.
He will now be locked up into a maximum security psychiatric hospital, Broadmoor, which is home to some of Britain’s most violent and dangerous killers.
7. Aerial footage of Nicholas Salvador, who beheaded a grandmother with a machete, going on a rampage.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.