So, it takes no diet and not even hours sweating in the gym. You don’t even have to go for a jog every day. No, all you need to do to get rid of this annoying spare tire and look like those impossibly well-shaped cover girls is a bit of skill in using your phone’s camera. Now, you can do that, right? But what exactly are these skills you need?
Enter Melanie Ventura — an Australian personal trainer — who posted last year her own dramatic “transformation” pictures on her Instagram account, prompting a wave of copycat attempts. “Wanna know my secret?” she asked in the before and after images, before going through her list of tricks. So, Melanie switched her too-tight red bikini bottoms to a more flattering and well-fitted black pair, put on some fake tan, clipped in hair extensions and topped it all with a “cheeky” smile. She also stood up taller, sucked in her stomach, pulled her shoulders back and took a wider stance, popped her hip and “threw in a skinny arm”.
And then came the photo part. Melanie zoomed in on her “before” image and zoomed out on the “after” pic and added a filter, “cause filters make everything awesome”. She then declared that such tricks, very common in the fitness industry, “can make a pig look hotter than Beyonce”. Melanie says that soon after she posted the images on Instagram, a weight-loss company named SkinnyMint.com stole the pics and started using them to advertise its products. The company even added this fake testimony: “Lost 5kgs thanks to the 218-Day Teatox… Love you guys! I feel amazing! Will definitely buy again and refer friends! xoxo.”
Melanie explains why she’s doing it: “What’s my point? Don’t be deceived by what you see in magazines and on Instagram.” Then she offers her own advice on how to really change your body: “learn about food, come up with an achievable plan and most importantly enjoy how you exercise and live your life”.
So, there you have it. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. ‘Check out the results!’ Instagram user Crystal Dixon (pictured) demonstrates the startling difference a ‘hair flip, hand on the hip, and posture change’ can make in these photos, taken just minutes apart.
2. One Instagram user challenged her followers to a ‘faking it’ competition, and compiled the top four attempts (pictured).
3. Personal trainer Melanie Ventura switched her bikini bottoms from a too-tight red pair (left) to a larger sized black pair (right), clipped in some extensions and applied fake tan (right).
4. With just a just different pose and camera angle, this fitness fanatic is transformed.
5. This Instagram user changed her bikini, switched her pose, let her hair down and changed her expression from a vapid gaze (left) to a smirk (right).
6. At first, this woman is hunched over with her legs pushed together (left), but then she switches to more flattering underwear and stands tall (right).
7. Mother and women’s health advocate, MamaLionStrong, claims the ‘real’ before picture (left) is ‘what even an active pregnant woman might look like after three children at two months postpartum’.
8. The methods used (demonstrated by another Instagram user) are commonly employed in the fitness and weight-loss industry to dupe consumers into buying their ‘miracle’ products.
And here is the video:
Source: The Mail Online.
Share these tricks with your friends below — whether using them makes sense will be up to them to decide.