A fan website called The Beyonce World has leaked more than 200 unretouched photos from Beyonce’s 2013 L’Oreal cosmetic campaign on Tuesday, showing that the star is human, just like everyone else.
The leaked pre-Photoshop images show the 33-year-old superstar, known for the hit Flawless, having uneven and pimply skin under heavily applied foundation.
Beyonce has not yet commented on the unretouched images, which were taken down by The Beyonce World immediately after they were posted. However, that was not done quickly enough for others, including Complex and Gawker, to pick them up. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Unretouched photos from Beyonce’s L’Oreal Feria and Infallible adverts were leaked online on Monday.
2. The 33-year-old superstar proved she wasn’t born with a flawless complexion as some of the unreleased pictures showed her acne under heavily applied foundation.
3. These outtakes were taken from Beyonce’s 2013 commercial and stock shoots from her Infallible campaign, which advertise the brand’s lipsticks and foundations.
The images seem to be from Beyonce’s ads for L’Oreal’s Feria and Infallible products, which advertise lipsticks, hair dyes and foundations.
The Photoshop-free advs had many fans asking themselves: Did Beyonce wake up like this? One user, @Smooth-Orator, tweeted after seeing the photos:
That’s beyonce? oh wow.
Another user, @MackNSweetJones, had stronger criticism, tweeting:
She looks like a cigarette smoker.
4. The retouched photos used in the adverts show clear differences in the before and after comparisons.
5. ‘That’s beyonce? oh wow’: @Smooth-Orator reacted with shock after seeing the photos.
6. ‘When you see the leaked pics of beyonce’s skin unretouched’.
7. ‘She looks like a cigarette smoker’.
While some tweets were cruel, most of the Beyhive were supportive of the 20-time Grammy winner, offering kind and encouraging words. The Chippendales set the tone by tweeting:
Unretouched photos of @Beyonce just prove she’s a real person and a natural beauty.
Another user, @SprinklesnBooze, lent her support, tweeting:
Am I the only one that doesn’t think #Beyonce looks horrible in these untouched photos?! She still looks better than me on most days!
8. The wife of music mogul Jay Z shared this selfie on her Instagram account on February 15.
9. @PhillyD joked on Twitter about seeing Beyonce’s unedited photos for the first time.
10. ‘Gorgeous unretouched photos’: @someecards still saw Beyonce as a beauty even after seeing the leaked photos.
11. ‘How does Beyonce look this flawless on the red carpet WITHOUT photoshop?’
L’Oreal has been scrutinized before for editing Beyonce’s photos. For another Feria ad in 2008, the brand was accused of whitening Beyonce’s skin.
Beyonce has been a loyal celebrity spokesmodel since she was 18-years-old. In May 2013, clothing chain H&M tried to retouch photos of Beyonce’s curvy figure for their Spring / Summer ad campaign. An insider told The Sun:
When Beyonce found out they had edited the way her body really looks, she hit the roof. She’s a true diva and was furious that she had been given such a snubbing.
Her people refused to give the pictures the green light so H$M were forced to use the originals.
12. Famed Las Vegas act The Chippendales led the way with encouraging words for Beyonce.
13. @SprinklesnBooze stood by the 7/11 songbird writing: ‘Am I the only one that doesn’t think #Beyonce looks horrible in these untouched photos?! She still looks better than me on most days!’
14. ‘I think she still looks absolutely beautiful. Haters gonna hate’.
Also in 2013, the singer’s publicist attempted to have “unflattering” images of her client performing at the Super Bowl taken down.
In an email to Buzzfeed, which posted photos from her halftime performance , Beyonce’s publicist wrote:
There are some unflattering photos on your current feed that we are respectfully asking you to change. I am certain you will be able to find some better photos.
Rather than taking down the images, Buzzfeed changed the article’s title to The “Unflattering” Photos Beyonce’s Publicist Doesn’t Want You To See and the photos went viral and turned into memes.
15. The mother-of-one posted this makeup-free selfie with her daughter Blue Ivy for Valentine’s Day.
16. Not the company’s first time using Photoshop: L’Oreal was accused of whitening Beyonce’s skin in a Feria ad.
17. Beyonc├⌐ for L’Or├⌐al Paris Infallible.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to see that, too.