Parents have so much to do before having a baby that you can easily imagine them forgetting something or other, however important that may be.
Well, amid all the excitement, it seems that this couple neglected one truly essential task: to inform the cat.
Images have now emerged online, which have captured the consequence of the parents’ omission. They brought the new addition to the family home — and Roxy the house feline had no clue what to make of it. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Roxy the cat stares up at her owners in horror after they bring home their newborn baby.
2. The feline’s wide-eyed, open-mouthed expression has been shared thousands of times online.
Standing on her hind legs, her front paws resting on the baby’s crib, Roxy looks up at the camera, wide-eyed and open-mouthed, clearly in utter shock.
The picture was posted on Reddit on Wednesday by a couple who have decided to remain anonymous, along the caption:
We forgot to tell our cat we had a baby.
3. The couple later shared this picture showing Roxy getting used to the new family member.
4. Roxy now has legions of fans online, many sympathizing with her situation.
The image received hundreds of comments within a few short hours.
And for those feeling sorry for Roxy, the couple responded on the following day with another photo, this one showing that the cat and baby are now getting along just fine.
5. It seems Roxy will have to pull more stunts like this one to attract her owners’ full attention now.
6. A scaredy cat meets the baby for the first time (related).
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.