This past winter was exceptionally cold in most of the country and I can personally testify that here in Boston it was colder than any winter I can remember. And, as you are about to see, it still refuses to completely go away, at least in some parts of the country. Not that this is stopping people from what they usually do at this time of the year.
The images that follow reveal the uniqueness of the situations. Lake Superior is still covered with ice, even though the temperatures were in the 80s this past weekend. The combination of these two phenomena produced something rarely seen: people in swimsuits sunbathing on blocks of ice! I mean, what can you say…
1. Melissa Ellis and Brigitta Keyler are ‘native Duluthians’ and regularly sunbathe on the banks of Lake Superior but even though it was warm enough to tan the mini icebergs remained.
2. Eager sunbathers took to the shores of Lake Superior in Minnesota and Michigan over Memorial Day weekend even though the lake itself was very icy.
3. A man paddleboards by a large piece of ice that remains frozen in Lake Superior on Tuesday.
4. Suzie Baer didn’t mind her feet getting cold on the trip Monday, even though Memorial Day is largely considered the kick off to the summer season.
5. The air temperature was in the 80s but far from it in the water.
6. The ice is seen across the lake but, given its size, the ice only comprises of 5 per cent.
7. Ms Baer’s friend Ben Ellison opted for sports sandals when he went venturing on the ice, which still covers an estimated 5 per cent of the lake.
Via The Daily Mail.
Share these unique photos with your friends below –such things are rarely seen.