A video has captured the terrifying moment a German Shepherd violently attacked a 15-month-old girl, grabbing her in his teeth and dragging her around a garden in his powerful jaws. And then the toddler’s 10-year-old brother bravely intervenes and fights the dog off for minutes to save her life.
At the beginning of the video, the brother and sister are seen playing in the private gardens of their home in Ahmedabad, India, last week when the 11-month-old German Shepherd launched his attack. The dog’s 54-year-old co-owner Dev Motiben is seen sitting nearby.
As soon as the Sheru saw young Kanchi moving towards him, he pounced on her and picked her up in its jaws, prompting her brother Kashish to start wrestling with the dog, fighting him for 10 minutes until eventually wrestling his sister from his jaws. After the attack, Kashish said:
I don’t know why Sheru suddenly attacked Kanchi. We had not even disturbed him. We were playing on our own but suddenly he jumped at Kanchi and started dragging her
I pulled her by her arms and tried all my force to save her. I am thankful to God that she is fine. I love her so much and will do anything to protect her.
Incredibly, despite the savaging the footage shows the girl to be enduring, Kanchi did not suffer any injuries, while her brother got out with only minor cuts and bruises. The dog has since been handed over to a relative.
Speaking of the horrific incident, the sibling’s 33-year-old mother Kamini Dhanani, said:
I was in the bathroom when I heard Kashish screaming. I immediately went to the balcony of our bedroom on the 11th floor and saw Sheru chasing my daughter and Kashish screaming for help.
It was the most dreadful moment of my life. I ran out but the lift was not working. I went back to the balcony and started calling for help.
After few minutes, neighbours came to their rescue but by then Kashish had managed to save Kanchi. I am extremely proud of my little boy.
Arun Pasi, who co-owns the dog with his father Dev Motiben, rejected claims that Sheru is aggressive, but admitted naming him after the Hindi word for tiger. He said of the dog:
He has been a part of our family for ten months and I feel he was in a playful mood that day. My mother had taken him for a walk but forgot to carry the lead. She had sent my 12-year-old son to get it but within those ten minutes the unfortunate incident happened.
Since the attack, Sheru has been moved to a relative’s house in a different area of Ahemdabad.
1. Surveillance footage shows Sheru — a young German Shepherd — taking hold of 15-month-old Kanchi Dhanani in its mouth while her brother Kashish fights hard to protect her.
2. Speaking after the attack, 10-year-old Kashish (pictured in both images alongside his sister) said: ‘I am thankful to God that she is fine. I love her so much and will do anything to protect her’.
3. The siblings had been playing in the private gardens of their flat in Ahmedabad, India, last week when the 11-month-old dog launched its attack.
4. As soon as the dog saw young Kanchi moving towards it he pounced on her, picking her up in its mouth and causing her brother to let out a scream of shock.
5. Seconds later Kashish began wrestling with the animal, fighting with it for 10 minutes before eventually wrestling Kanchi from its jaws.
6. Miraculously, the toddler did not suffer any injuries and Kashish suffered only cuts and bruises.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share this incredible story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to see that, too.