So, no one knows exactly what, when or how it started, but #chesthairbikini is all over Instagram and other social media and is still gathering speed. And everyone seems to be having a lot of fun with it.
As its name implies, the wacky fad revolves around sharing selfies taken by guys who have shaved their chest hair in a way that makes it resemble a bikini top. And it looks like it’s not all that new — the weird manscaping chest craze can be traced all the way back to 2012.
As you might expect, #chesthairbikini enthusiasts appear to be at their most active and inventive at bachelor parties, although plenty of others contribute to the growing trove of hairy chest bikini tops by taking selfies in the bathroom. One #chesthairbikini image even shows a man who is unaware that he is taking part in the movement. The Instagram user who took the image, which shows a white-haired man taking a stroll on the beach, posted:
Not a joke, this man had a hair bikini. Full chest of hair white in the middle. #hairbikini #nice #frenchriviera.
Another image captures a tattooed man with a very neat chest hair bikini. One of the commenters said: “I feel a strange mix of arousal and concern”. Now here are the pics. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. This Instagram snap, taken nine months ago, was captioned, ‘It’s ok guys and girls. You lose. #awesome #chesthair #chesthairbikini #mankini #thisiswhatbeingamanlookslike’.
2. This gentleman, who was gearing up for a music festival, looks mighty proud of his hairy mankini.
3. A more recent photo, this was shared two months ago, and this particular #chesthairmodel looks to be relishing the attention.
4. This fleshy chest canvas is strewn with tattoos, including one which says, ‘Never Make A Promise That You Can’t Keep’.
5. This man tagged his creation, ‘#hairbikini #awesome #goodness #goodtimes #lmao #omg #wtf’.
6. ‘Not a joke, this man had a hair bikini. Full chest of hair white in the middle. #hairbikini #nice #frenchriviera’, an Instagram user captioned the image.
7. It is entirely unknown how this fad started, but images like this one trace back to over two years ago.
8. A furry mankini was just what the party doctor ordered here. The image is captioned, ‘Congratulations to this guy! Big day around the corner! Nice meeting you! #bachelorparty#chesthairbikini#strangerthingshavehappened’.
And here is the video:
Via The Mail Online.
Share this weird new fad with your friends below and see what they make of it.