The captivating moment a group of police dogs form a perfect line as they wait for dinner, plates in their mouths, has been caught on camera.
The picture, taken at a police dog academy in China shows six canines lining up to receive their dinner, while carrying their plates in their mouths.
A black Labrador is first in line, with five German Shepherds behind him, as all six canines are patiently waiting for their turn to receive their food. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. No skipping the line: The six police dogs wait patiently in an orderly line to receive their food. The picture is believed to have been taken in a police dog academy in China.
It is unknown where this picture was taken, but other images from a dog training center run by the Zhejiang Armed Police Force reveal that lining up for dinner is a tradition for the dogs there. A Hangzhou-based police dog trainer told The People’s Daily:
A good police dog needs to meet these four requirements: good looking, big appetite, courageous and possessive.
Other images were circulated last week which show how Chinese policemen train their dogs.
They have captured police officers from around the country gathering in Harbin in northeastern China for a four-month course on dog training, which started last week.
2. A Chinese policeman trains his dog as part of a four-month course, which began last week (Xinhua / Wang Kai).
3. A handler trains his dog at a police dog training base of armed police in Harbin, capital of northeast China’s Heilongjiang Province (Xinhua / Wang Kai).
4. The dogs are trained to an impeccable standard at police dog academies across China (Xinhua / Wang Kai).
5. Police dogs show off their skills at a competition in China.
Read more: The People’s Daily.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to see that, too.