That’s quite simple, isn’t it? In fact, it doesn’t get any simpler than that. New research tells us that couples which sleep in the nude are happier in their relationships than those who wear clothes in bed.
The findings come from a poll for Cotton USA, which found that four in ten of couples now sleep naked. More surprisingly, almost half of the over-55s’ total — 45 per cent — do so. Aren’t older people supposed to be more conservative?
Stephanie Thiers-Ratcliffe, of researcher Cotton USA, commented on her study:
There are many factors which can affect the success of a relationship. But one factor which is often overlooked is the bedroom environment. Bedding can feel extremely soft against the skin, encouraging openness and intimacy between couples and ultimately increasing happiness.
The researchers also found that our partner’s bedroom manners have a significant effect on our happiness in relationships. For example, half of the surveyed said they were bothered by people eating in bed. An even higher share of the total — 59 per cent — dislike dirty washing on the floor and 23 per cent of us hate it when their partner wears socks in bed (count me among those).
So, there you have it. You have no excuse for wearing clothes in bed any longer, and you should certainly take your socks off before getting in bed…
1. The best way to keep a marriage happy is to sleep in the nude, a study suggests.
2. Four in ten of couples now sleep naked.
3. Our partner’s bedroom manners have a significant effect on our happiness in relationships.
4. Half of the surveyed said they were bothered by people eating in bed.
5. 59 per cent of the respondents dislike dirty washing on the floor and 23 per cent of us hate it when their partner wears socks in bed.
Share this interesting finding with your friends below — it may change their lives.