These photos are so extravagantly funny, it’s unbelievable. I mean, tell me honestly, have you ever thought that there would be a family of pigs, living somewhere in the Bahamas, who’d be spending their downtime going for a swim in the ocean. Oh, and as you are about to witness, the pig family obviously enjoys the experience.
The swimming pigs have become so famous that they’ve given a name to their favorite beach area. Pig Island, formerly known as Big Major Cay, is sheltered by a string of smaller islands which protect it from tropical storms, and features a natural water spring, making for an ideal homestead for the pigs family. And They’ve taken full advantage of it… (Scroll down for the videos.)
1. These swimming pigs have become a Youtube hit across the world. Visitors film themselves swimming with the animals, who live on a small Caribbean island.
2. The pigs are thought to have been introduced to the island by passing sailors who may have thought they would make a good food source.
3. A filmmaker is now making a documentary about the swimming pigs of Big Major Cay and the surrounding islands.
4. The pigs will run into the water and actually swim out to the oncoming boats to get food from the occupants.
5. The swimming pigs of the Caribbean.
6. There are dozens of videos of the swimming pigs taken by tourists besotted with their unusual antics.
7. A cameraman crouches on the edge of the water to capture the swimming pigs in action.
8. A man is filmed talking about the pigs for the documentary ‘When Pigs Swim’.
9. The swine approach a boat in search of a meal. They often swim out to greet holidaymakers.
10. Pig Island, or Big Major Cay as it is officially known, is blessed with a natural water spring and is sheltered by a string of neighboring islands.
11. The pigs enjoy an incredibly luxuriant lifestyle.
12. The pigs like being petted.
13. One of the animals gazes out across the ocean from a rocky beach.
And here are the videos:
Via The Daily Mail.
Share this absurdly funny story with your friends below and make their day.