Two young boys rescued two toddlers from a burning mobile home in central Florida on Tuesday morning.
After a fire broke out at around 11:30 am on Tuesday, the boys, Isiah Francis, 10, and Jeremiah Grimes, 11, rushed into the neighbor’s home on West Colonial Drive in Oakland, Orange County.
Isiah and Jeremiah rescued a 1-year-old and an 8-month-old. They said the smoke inside the burning home was so thick that they could barely see. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. The boys, 11-year-old Jeremiah Grimes (left) and 10-year-old Isiah Francis (right) rushed into a neighbor’s home around 11:30 am on Tuesday, after a fire broke out and rescued a 1-year-old and an 8-month-old.
Speaking to WESH, Jeremiah said:
We looked out the window and we saw flames coming out of the house. (It was) really hot. It felt like 150 degrees in there.
I’m just thinking, “Stay calm, keep your mind straight, stay focused on what you’re doing.”
I saved two people’s lives. Like, probably if no one did that, them two would probably be dead or seriously injured.
I’m happy. As long as everyone is OK, I’m happy.
2. Isiah and Jeremiah said the smoke inside the home was so thick they could barely see.
In an interview with WFTV, Jeremiah added:
I took the infant, [Isiah] took the older one and we ran back to his house.
Speaking of his nephew to the news station, Isiah’s uncle Michael Francis said:
Amazing. Ten years old, to do that, you know, already — he’s got a great future ahead of him.
3. Jeremiah, left, is seen hugging Isiah, right, near the home where the fire took place on Tuesday.
Isiah told WKMG:
I’ve been wanting to [be a fireman] ever since I was five years old.
The authorities said that two other children, ages 2 and 5, who live in the burned-out home were injured.
A medical helicopter took one of the children to the hospital.
4. Boys rescue babies from a burning home — a WESH report.
The children were reported to be both in critical but stable condition at Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando.
In an update on Twitter, Orange County Fire Rescue wrote that four children and one adult were in the home when it caught fire.
According to WKMG, Florida’s fire marshal is investigating the reason the adult didn’t evacuate all the children from the burning home.
The cause of the fire is also under investigation.
5. Two Florida boys, aged 10 and 11, rushed into a burning home to rescue two babies — a Fox News report.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to see that, too.