Chinese women who have been flying to South Korea for plastic surgeries have been confronted with an unexpected problem on their way back: their facial transformations have been so great that they are struggling to get past airport security. The surgeries in question aim to give the women more “Western” looks by reducing the excess skin in the upper eyelid which makes the eyes appear bigger and are in some cases transforming the women’s entire faces, which makes them almost unrecognizable.
To deal with the airport security issue and enable the women to re-enter China, some hospitals have started issuing “plastic surgery certificates” which include the patient’s passport number, the name of the hospital were the surgeries were performed and the length of their stay in South Korea.
China Daily reported that women who had undergone surgeries have been stopped at airports because they had bigger eyes, higher noses and slimmer chins than they did in the pictures in their passports. Shanghai Hongqiao Airport officer Chen Tao told China Daily told the newspaper:
After they took off their huge hats and big sunglasses following our request, we saw them looking different, with bandages and stitches here and there.
Having checks them out carefully, the officers allowed the women into China but advised them to renew their passports immediately. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Xu Yan, a 21-year-old kindergarten teacher, pictured before (left) and after surgery (right). Xu underwent the V-line surgery, nose reconstruction surgery and received Botox injections.
2. Yan Xu, a 22-year-old broker, pictured before (left) and after surgery (right). She had eyelid surgery, a nose job, and chin implants.
3. Liu Yisong, a 26-year-old dance teacher, before (left) and after (right) her plastic surgery.
4. Zhang Cher, a 27-year-old aspiring singer, pictured before (left) and after surgery (right).
5. Yang Jiayi, a 21-year-old clerk, before (left) and after (right) surgery. Yang had her eye shape altered and received eyelash extensions.
6. Wang Pingping, a 24-year-old tour guide, pictured before (left) and after surgery (right). She underwent surgery to change the shape of her face, as well as a nose job and eye reconstruction surgery.
7. Julie, a 29-year-old full-time mother, before surgery (left) and after (right)S he underwent breast reconstruction, waist and abdomen liposuction and IPL skin treatment.
8. This unidentified woman is pictured before (left) and after (right) cosmetic surgery.
9. A 56-year-old woman (pictured before surgery, left, and after, right), sought treatment for the sagging skin on her face and neck, wrinkles, eye aging and age spots. She also had work done on her nose.
And here is a video of a Korean Plastic surgery known as “Smile Lipt”, which involves a mouth corner lift:
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share these women’s airport security issues with your friends and tell us what you make of them in the comments below.