Who would have thought that a duck and a dog would become best friends? Well, these two did and are now inseparable, though it should be noted that their relationship took time to develop. As you will see in the images and videos that follow, things didn’t go smoothly at the beginning.
So, the heroes of the story are Occy the golden retriever and Biggie the duckling from Atlantic Beach, North Carolina. In the first clip below you will see Occy doing his best to bond with Biggie who proceeds to reject every advance, pecking him and, at one point pinning him to the ground.
Fast-forward to today, however, and the story is very different. Frances Marsh, the couple’s owner, says that Occy and Biggie are now inseparable. And sure enough, the second video of the couple shows them happily playing together in a paddling pool and the garden. Ms. Marsh told NBC:
Most of the time when people see them playing they’ll pass by here on their boats and they’ll stop and take a picture or video. I’m so used to it I don’t realize it’s odd, but apparently it is.
She adds that Biggie believes he is a dog and is even eating the same food as Occy and drinking from the dog’s bowl. (Scroll down for the videos.)
1. A clip filmed three years ago shows Occy the golden retriever from Atlantic Beach, North Carolina, trying to bond with Biggie the duckling, who rejects every advance.
2. Clearly demonstrating that he is no ‘feathered friend’, Biggie aggressively pecks Occy and at one point pushes him to the ground.
3. The canine eventually walks away and goes to lay down on the other side of the fence.
4. However, fast-forward to today and the story is quite different — owner, Frances Marsh, says the two are now inseparable.
5. Indeed, a recent video of the pets shows them happily frolicking in a paddling pool together and lovingly playing in the garden.
And here is the first video, showing the rocky start of the relationship:
And here is the second video:
Share this awesome story with your friends below — they will want to see that.