Reddit user TheUberMensch123 has shared his personal loss with us — the cat he’s had since he was a little boy has just passed away. Most of us can relate to what this guy is going through right now and it’s tough.
But take a look at the photos below. Isn’t that heartwarming?
1. Kiki (1996). Reddit, meet Kiki. We got her when I was only a year and a half old. My parents let me name her, and since I was young I pronounced “kitty” as “Kiki.”.
2. Kiki and I (1996). This is the earliest picture we have of Kiki and me. Ever since I was this young I adored her and we were inseparable. A lot of boys have dogs, but I had my cat.
3. Kiki and me (2000). When I was young, I was diagnosed with mild Aspergers Syndrome(Now known as Autism Spectrum Disorder). As a result, I never got along well with my peers in school. As a result many little things would “hit” me harder than it would other kids, which led to a pretty lonely childhood and bullying.
4. Kiki and me (2000). However, I always had Kiki waiting to say hi to me whenever I came home. From the moment I would walk through the front door to our house, we would be inseparable. After a bad day at school or after a long trip, she was always the first to hello to me.
5. Kiki with me before my high school graduation (2013). Kiki had a lot of odd charming quirks. She was always calm and walked with grace in every step. We called her “the queen” because she was so prim and proper. While she was never big on hunting, she had a habit of finding bits of trash or paper around the house and yowling until we would come and accept her present. On several occasions I lost my tips from work and she would bring them to me.
6. Kiki (2014). Kiki passed away peacefully on June 13th of natural causes. I couldn’t remember a day where we didn’t have her before she passed. She loved sour cream and suckling on peoples’ earlobes. I will miss my best friend and wanted to share with you all what an awesome cat she was. Thank you.
Share this heartwarming story with your friends below — they will relate to it.