This movement is bound to be controversial and the women who are part of it realize it full well. Yet, they are not to be deterred, nor are they shy in expressing themselves. Women from all over the world are saying “no” to waxing and shaving and are proudly posting images of their hairy legs online.
Among the more prominent such online communities is the Hairy Legs Club on Tumblr, which invites women to share their unshaven photos as a way of making a statement about social expectations of beauty. The Hairy Legs Club has already posted hundreds of hairy images.
Another outlet for women to display their negative attitude toward the razor is the Very Hairy Legs. In its first post, Sarah, the blog’s founder, told her readers and the wider world:
This blog is dedicated to females with very hairy legs. Let our legs be the champions!
And sure enough, hairy pictures promptly came pouring in. One regular blogger — Swankified — posted an image of her unshaven legs and added:
I’m so glad I don’t feel ashamed of my natural body hair anymore!
Her sentiment has echoed over and over through hundreds of other posts. She told MailOnline:
When I first stopped shaving my legs it took a while for me to feel confident about it. Seeing pictures of other women doing the same helped me get used to it.
I guess I post mine now because I like them — I like the way they look and that they remind me I’m not obligated to do anything I don’t want with my body.
So, there it is — make of it what you will. (Scroll down for the videos.)
1. Furry legs and a furry friend: One of the proud posts from the Very Hairy Legs blog on tumblr.
2. The caption on this post reads: ‘My dog doesn’t care!’
3. Unshaven legs posted on the Very Hairy Legs blog with the simple caption ‘Ginger hairy legs’.
4. This is the leg that launched a thousand posts – the original Very Hairy Legs blog post.
5. A post on the very Hairy Legs Club by a 21-year-old blogger who has never shaved her legs.
6. This proud unshaven lady posted her image of her out and about with her unshaven legs.
7. ‘Leg hair, don’t care!’ reads the caption.
8. ‘Behold my sparkly shins!’ reads this Hairy Legs Club post.
9. A hairy pair in the bath.
10. One inspired blogger’s first hairy leg post. ‘This blog is such a great inspiration!’ reads the caption.
11. ‘Nothing better than feeling the breeze through your leg hair!’ writes one Hairy Legs Club blogger.
12. Another writer braves going outdoors without shaving her legs.
13. A hairy pair of pins posted by one happy blogger.
14. Gladiator sandals, perfectly painted toes and hairy legs.
And here are the videos:
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share these women’s statements against waxing and shaving with your friends below and see what they make of it.