Franzie may well be the cuddliest cat in the world. His owners have shared a number of videos showing him giving his trademark paws-spread-wide hug when someone picks him up. You cannot, just cannot, refuse him.
As you might expect, Franzie now has millions of YouTube followers who can now feel what it’s like to give Franzie a hug, thanks to a new video taken with a GoPro camera from the kitten’s point of view. In the original video, which subsequently notched up more than 7 million views YouTube user Tricia Carr wrote:
Franzie has tricks, this is one of them. He asks his daddy for a hug and stretches up for it! Too cute!
That video was called Best Kitty Hug Ever. The new one is called Best Kitty Hug Ever, GoPro and is well on its way to replicating the original’s success. Carr says that the new video “is our first attempt at getting a hugger’s perspective of Franzie giving a hug”. I’d say it has worked perfectly.
In fact, Franzie seems even more eager to hug people in this video, spreading his paws out wide without much prompting. Awesome! (Scroll down for the videos.)
1. Franzie the hugging cat has become such an accomplished hugger that he’s now offering up his paws with little to no prompting.
2. A new Franzie video is the first to give a first-person view of what it’s like to hug the world’s cuddliest cat using a GoPro camera.
3. The original Franzie video, pictured, has received over 7 million views.
4. The newest Franzie video is the most intimate glimpse yet of Franzie’s world of hugging with complete abandon.
5. ‘Franzie has tricks, this is one of them. He asks his daddy for a hug and stretches up for it! Too cute!’ YouTube user Tricia Carr wrote on original cat hug video.
And here are the awesome videos. First the original and then the latest one:
Share Franzie’s inimitable pleas for hugs with your friends below — the will fall in love with him.