A six-year-old Chinese girl was left as a deposit at a bath house by her grandfather who said he forgot his wallet. A month later, she is still living there, as he failed to settle the bill and take her home.
The girl, known only as Siyao, showed up at the bath in the city of Kunming in south western China’s Yunnan province, after her grandfather decided that he wanted a good wash in a warm bath and a relaxing massage afterwards.
However, when it came time to pay, staff said the man suddenly announced that he had forgotten his wallet and would need to go home to get it.
1. Six-year-old Siyao who has been left behind at a Chinese bath house by her grandfather as a deposit after he said he forgot his wallet.
2. Siyao receives a cuddle from one of the staff at the bath house. The little girl is living there a month on after her grandfather failed to return to collect her.
Bath manager Mee Wang explained:
He told the reception that would leave his granddaughter Siyao, behind as proof that he intended to return, and then left.
At the end of the day, however, the grandfather had still not come back and staff were left looking after Siyao who has now been living at their facility for more than a month.
The girl has now made good friends with the staff at the bath house who have provided a comfortable bed for her to sleep in.
3. Siyao has now been living in the bath house for around a month, where she has made good friends with many of the staff there.
4. Workers at the bath house bring in food and drinks for Siyao and she also uses the facilities there to keep herself clean.
When the bath is closed, staff leave a TV turned on so the six-year-old doesn’t feel lonely or scared.
They also bring food to help feed the girl and have provided her with clean clothes as well.
Siyao uses the facilities at the bath house to wash and keep herself clean.
The girl’s story has been publicized in the local media with an appeal for her grandfather to come forward to collect her.
5. Siyao also has access to a TV and staff have arranged for it to be left switched on overnight so she doesn’t feel lonely or scared.
6. The six-year-old now has her own bed in the bath house and staff often check on her to make sure she is alright.
However, the man has failed to show up and the girl still remains in the care of the bath’s staff, even though social services have been urged to intervene.
Bath houses are popular in China and are used by people who don’t have central heating or running water at home to take a bath, clean up, relax and enjoy a massage.
7. Her plight has been published in the local media but her grandfather has still failed to turn up and now social services have been urged to intervene.
8. Inside Beijing’s last bath house.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.