I guess this story would serve as another addition to my animals-do-feel-emotions trend, which started with the tragic story of Raju — the Indian elephant who was kept chained in spiked shackles for 50 years and cried when a group of animal rights activists finally liberated him.
Well, today it is the turn of Lilica — an amazing dog who was abandoned as puppy at the Neile Vania Antonio’s junkyard in Sao Carlos, Brazil. Lilica is no longer homeless and her life is now pretty good. However, she hasn’t forgotten the plight of her friend who still live in the junkyard. And here is where the story takes an extraordinary turn.
Lilica has been caught on video risking her life to bring food to her extended animal family at the junkyard. The dog has spent the last three years traveling the four-mile distance between her new home and the junkyard. Every night she takes the dangerous roads to the home of one animal lover named Lucia, who gives Lilica a bag of food.
The extraordinary dog then turns around and walks back to her old junkyard, where a curious group of a dog, a cat, a mule and even several chickens await her arrival and hopefully show her some gratitude. Lucia says in a video about Lilica:
I realized that she ate and then stared at what was in the bag.
A neighbor then suggested that Lucia might be staring at the bag because she wanted to take the food with her. Lucia then tied up the bag to Lilica and she was on her way. She said:
An animal sharing things with other animals is a lesson. A lesson for us.
It is a huge lesson. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Each night this junkyard dog in Brazil walks for miles along a danger fraught road to get food for his extended animal family.
2. Lilica, who was abandoned at a S├úo Carlos junkyard that then became her home, walks four miles across town and back every day.
3. Lilica travels to the home of this woman, where she’s given a bag of food.
4. Lilica first takes some for herself before starting her journey back home.
5. Bag in hand, or mouth, Lilica trots back home.
6. Lilica’s extended family of chickens, dogs, cats, and a mule all get a little bit of food thanks to her generous spirit.
7. Here is the chicken.
8. ‘An animal sharing things with other animals is a lesson. A lesson for us,’ says Lucia.
And here is the video:
Share this heartwarming story with your friends below — they will thank you for it.