Kevin Jones from Louisville, Kentucky, took drastic measures after he caught his 10-year-old daughter pretending to be someone of around 15 or even 18, so she could date an older boy. He punished her by making her go to school in an “age defining” outfit.
Here is Kevin himself describing the situation on Facebook:
Since my beautiful daughter Janiya wants to be grown & lie about her age. Saying she is 14,15,16,&18 years old. She claims to be in love and going out with a boyfriend which is completely against my rules!!!! I uncovered that she has been doing this for quite some time. She also has snuck and obtained social media accounts, also against my rules!!!! Heres the consequences behind her actions. An age defining shirt. Yes people she is 5’9 & 10years old.
The “age defining” shirt in question is one that announces the girl’s age. Kevin also put barrettes and bows in his daughter’s hair and gave her a Disney-princess-themed backpack.
As you will clearly see in the pictures below, the little girl does not look at all happy with her new “age defining” outfit, but Kevin’s solution was generally well-received online and quickly went viral. At the time of writing, the Facebook post which in which he shared the story has received more than 262,000 likes and has been shared more than 81,000 times.
1. This Louisville girl, who looks much older than her 10 years, was caught sneaking around and lying about her age, so her dad decided to teach her a lesson.
2. She was dressed up in pink, with a child’s backpack and bows and an ‘age defining shirt’.
3. Photos of the outfit quickly went viral, with parents all over commending what Mr Jones did.
4. Kevin Jones said his daughter broke some of his rules, and she had to be punished.
5. The little girl does not look happy at what her father made her do.
Share this father’s solution to his daughter’s lies about her age with your friends and tell us what you think about the “age defining” outfit in the comments below.