A man from Colorado has just become a very strong contender for the title of “Father of the Year” after adjusting to single-dad parenting by overcoming a huge obstacle — doing her hair.
Greg Wickherst, of Pueblo, Colorado, has had primary custody of his daughter, Izzy, since splitting up with the three-year-old’s mother.
Faced with the major responsibility of doing his daughter’s tresses, the admissions representative at the IntelliTec College decided to turn to his school’s cosmetology department for help. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Greg Wickherst was worried about being able to style the hair of his three-year-old daughter, Izzy, and so took lessons at IntelliTec College in Pueblo, Colorado.
2. After being tutored by a cosmetologist — a professional hair stylist — Wickherst became a natural.
3. Wickherst said it ‘blew his mind’ how simple a ponytail was.
After talking to some students about his situation, Wickherst began spending his lunch breaks getting tutorials from a cosmetologist. He told Buzzfeed:
I spent a couple hours just working on a mannequin and she showed me how to do a bun, a french braid, all the different styles.
And he picked the rest up incredibly quickly. He said:
It blew my mind how easy it was to do a bun. I thought it was something super special, like real intricate, especially the one where you don’t finish pulling the ponytail.
I thought, Oh my god, that’s so pretty for something that’s so simple. I don’t think most guys know that it’s that simple.
4. The single father has now become a hit on Facebook, where he posts pictures of Izzy’s hair styles.
5. Izzy appears to have no problem sitting and waiting for her father to work his magic.
6. Wickherst said he now likes experimenting with new ways of doing his daughter’s hair.
And the result has exceeded Wickherst’s wildest expectations. Not only has he become quite the hair stylist, but his newly acquired skills have made him a sensation on Facebook, where he posts photos of his work.
Moreover, doing Izzy’s hair is the best part of his day. He said:
My favorite part of the day is when I wake her up and get her out of bed and sheΓÇÖs still sleepy, so she nuzzles her face into my neck.
That love right there, feeling that love and that trust is the most rewarding part.
7. From bows to braids, Wickherst can do it all.
8. Wickherst is now a hair whiz and shows off his creations on Facebook.
9. Doing Izzy’s hair is Wickherst’s favorite thing.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.