Junior the Pit Bull puppy was playing with his siblings at home in Bakersfield, CA, when he managed to get his head stuck in a spare car wheel.
The sad-looking canine’s owner Meagan Beeler then tried everything she could think of to set the playful puppy free but to no avail.
Eventually, Beeler was forced to take Junior, along with the wheel, to her local fire station where she asked firefighters for help. And they delivered!
Junior the puppy has found a novel way to tire himself out before bedtime.
The blue and red-nose Pit Bull cross was playing with his brothers and siblings at home in Bakersfield, California, when he got his head irreversibly stuck inside the wheel-rim of a Buick Regal.
Using a mix of “cooking oil and a little ingenuity”, the firefighters were able to jimmy Junior to freedom, much to Meagan’s delight.
In a post on her Facebook page, Meagan wrote:
It is my puppy he was playing with his brothers and sisters on the patio where my husband had put his rims for his regal and he got it stuck.
Fortunately, firemen at Station 41 in East Bakersfield had just the solution and used a winning combination of “cooking oil and a little ingenuity” they were able to jimmy Junior to freedom.
Responding to critics asking how she allowed the dog to get stuck in the wheel in the first place, Meagan’s Facebook post added:
I am a highly educated woman thanks and I love my kids as well as my animals and would not let them get hurt purposely…
As for those that are leaving positive comments thank you he is doing great his name was Junior but since then have started calling him rim job lol he is a blue and red nose mix…
Thanks again station 41 for helping him out I owe guys a dinner.
The hottest on Viral Spell right now:
Share this awesome story with your friends on Facebook and Twitter below — they would want to see it, too!