Law enforcement veterans have said they have never seen a child-abuse murder case like this, ever before in their experience. In what the prosecutor described as an “American horror story”, a Pennsylvania woman and her boyfriend have been charged with murdering her three-year-old son, after torturing him for weeks by hanging him by the feet and hitting him with a frying pan until he died. The couple allegedly laughed as the boy was dying.
Jillian Tait, 31, and Gary Lee Fellenbaum, 23, from Chesco, Pennsylvania, are alleged to have gone been car shopping, bought pizza, had sex and then took a nap as the woman’s unresponsive son lay dying after weeks of unremitting torture. Apart from being hanged by his feet, the boy was tied to a chair with electrical tape, beaten with blunt objects, such as a frying pan, and punched in the face and stomach. Nurses have reportedly cried at the sight of the boy’s injuries when his body was taken to the emergency room.
Announcing the charges, Chester County District Attorney Thomas Hogan described the horrific abuse:
Let me tell you about an American horror story. Little Scotty McMillan is dead. Over a three-day period… he was systematically tortured and beaten to death. He was punched in the face and in the stomach, he was scourged with a homemade whip, he was lashed with a metal rod, he was tied to a chair and beaten, he was tied upside down by his feet and beaten, his head was smashed through a wall and at the end of that he had bruises on top of bruises all over his body. When his body went into the emergency room our ER nurses — who see a lot of terrible things — when they saw his body, they wept. Say a prayer for little Scott McMilan. The brief nightmare that was his life is over.
Hogan will be seeking the death penalty for the accused murderers, as the victim was under 12 and he had been tortured. (Scroll down for the video reports.)
1. ‘American horror story’: Scott McMillan, three, was tortured for weeks and beaten with a frying pan until he eventually died, prosecutors in Pennsylvania have said.
2. Jillian Tait, 31, and Gary Lee Fellenbaum, 23, were charged Thursday with murdering Tait’s son. Officials said they had sex and went to order pizza as the boy lay dying.
3. Prosecutors said Scott had gone through weeks of torment, but the torture intensified last week when the youngster refused to eat his breakfast.
4. The pair were living in a trailer with Fellenbaum’s estranged wife and three children — Tait’s 6- and 3-year-old sons and the Fellenbaums’ 11-month-old daughter.
5. The couple met working at Wal-Mart and last month moved in together, along with Fellenbaum’s estranged wife and three children.
6. Amber Fellenbaum, 21, Gary’s estranged wife, was charged with child endangerment for allegedly failing to help the toddler.
And here are the video reports:
Source: Daily Local News.
Share this horrific story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below.