A woman has shared her plans to marry her pet dog after the death of her previous husband, who was a cat.
Dominique Lesbirel, 41, from Holland, married her cat Doerack eight years ago but unfortunately the feline had to be euthanized after suffering from a kidney failure.
Dominique’s grieving period seems to be coming to an end now that she’s found new love with her pet dog Travis. She plans to marry the canine when the time is right, but adds that it is too soon to jump into marriage just yet.
1. Dominique Lesbirel has revealed that she plans to marry her dog after the death of her former husband — a cat.
2. Dominique married her car Doerack eight years ago but sadly he had to be put down.
Dominique runs a business called Marry Your Pets, marrying other people to their pets. As might be expected, she’s received plenty of criticism, and more than one death threats, from people who are accusing her of promoting bestiality.
However, she firmly denies the charges and insists that she would never condone bestiality. Dominique says:
I would never condone such terrible acts of cruelty to animals. My site is all about making a commitment to pets to show your dedication to them and promise that you will always look after them.
3. Although Dominique wants to move on from Doerack, she says it is still a bit early to marry Travis.
4. Dominique has a long-term boyfriend called Peter, but she says he is very supportive of her marriage plans.
Dominique encourages her clients to view the ceremony as a typical wedding, with all the planning in advance, inviting friends and lavish parties to celebrate. She cautions that not all applications are approved and adds:
There are rules, as with any marriage.
I’m happy to conduct same sex marriages, or to let people marry more than one pet. I only marry domestic animals, though. In some parts of the world, you hear of people keeping lions and tigers as pets — I wouldn’t marry people to them.
I also need to be sure they truly love and respect their pet.
Furthermore, once you tie the knot, there is no going back — with Marry Your Pets divorce is not an option. So, there is a business opportunity for you.
5. Dominique says that not everyone is understanding of the website and she has received death threats.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.