Kelly Turner, a 43-year-old Southwest Airlines flight attendant, was stabbed to death on Saturday morning in Austin, Texas, by her 52-year-old boyfriend Joseph Karr who had flown over from California to meet her family for the first time.
Police arrested Karr after they found him in a nearby field and he is now held in Travis County Jail, facing first degree murder charges.
Turner’s relatives said that they had dinner with Karr on Wednesday, after he arrived in Texas, and described him as being “very quiet”, but did not notice anything “disturbing”. Turner’s sister Barbara Shannon, who was at the dinner told KVUE:
That beautiful smile. When she walked into a room she just lit up the room with her smile. She always saw something good in every person. I didn’t pick up on anything that disturbed me, I noticed he was quiet, he was very quiet.
Southwest airlines have sent out a memo to all of their flight attendants, which was obtained by KXAN News and said Ms. Turner was “loved by many and will be greatly missed”. (Scroll down for the video report.)
1. Joseph Karr flew in from California to visit the home of 43-year-old Kelly Turner in south west Austin, Texas. He is then suspect of stabbing her.
2. She traveled all over the country as a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines.
3. Her sister, Barbara Shannon, said that the room ‘lit up’ when Miss Turner (pictured) entered and paid tribute to her beautiful smile.
4. While having dinner, guests said Karr was very quiet, but they didn’t notice anything ‘disturbing’.
5. Karr is currently being held in Texas’ Travis County Jail and is facing first degree murder charges.
And here is the video report:
Share this hugely disturbing story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below.