Nikki Shelley is extremely skillful at using make-up to transform her face into an array of creepy characters. So much so that the 33-year-old’s work has now gone viral on Facebook. And when you’ve seen the things she does, you’ll become a fan, too.
Nikki taught herself how to paint her face at her home in Rugby, Warwickshire, England. She has painted all kinds of monsters, zombies and ghouls and has impressed the special effects guru behind the BBC science fiction shows Doctor Who and Torchwood. She told The Mail Online:
I didn’t think anything would come of it but the reaction to my work has been incredible. I don’t really have an idea in mind when I start to paint. I just start and see what happens.
I started painting my kids’ faces for Halloween, then I asked Craig [Nikki’s husband] if I could paint him as well. But I knew I couldn’t paint on them all the time so I started painting my own face. I started to think of ways I could make my work different. I wanted to stand out and try new things. Luckily it has paid off.
Nikki said she was inspired by prosthetic designer Neill Gorton, who has now asked her to be a teacher at an industry conference in Birmingham next month called The Prosthetics Event. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Nikki Shelley, 33, uses face paints with impressive results.
2. She creates monsters, zombies and ghouls.
3. The mother-of-three taught herself the art of face painting.
4. She lives in Rugby, Warwickshire, England.
5. Mrs. Shelley started by painting her children for Halloween.
6. The mother unearthed her hidden talent.
7. Mrs. Shelley said she hopes one day to get the opportunity to work on TV shows and movies.
8. Her work has impressed prosthetic designer Neill Gorton.
9. Mother-of-three Mrs. Shelley.
10. She said she ‘wanted to stand out and try new things’ in her work.
11. The care home worker from Rugby now wants to ‘learn the prosthetics side of things’.
12. Here she is a scaled animal.
13. The mother’s portfolio has been praised by more than 1,000 Facebook users.
14. Mrs Shelley as a scary skeleton.
Source: The Mail Online.
Share this woman’s incredible creations with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below.