“Whistling At Your Mom” — a new TV show in Peru — has tricked unwitting men who have been identified as repeated catcallers into wolf-whistling at their own mothers.
The producers of the show picked two mothers of repeat catcallers and disguised them using make-up, wigs and clothes. The women then walked past their sons to gauge their reaction.
In the first case you will see in the video below, the mother wears a short black dress and walks past her son who talks to a friend in the street. Not recognizing his mother, the son then makes a comment at her, saying “tasty panties”, which prompts her confront him.
The woman removes her sunglasses and the man realizes that he had just catcalled his own mother. She then launches into a tirade, accusing her son of being dirty and saying that she never taught him to talk to women in that manner. Eventually the woman gets so angry with her son that she removes her bag and slaps him with it.
1. The mother wearing a disguise of a wig and sunglasses walks past her unsuspecting son and a friend, before he makes a comment towards her.
2. The mother then goes over to confront her child, who is still unaware the woman is actually his parent.
3. The man is horrified when he realizes it is his own mother and she launches into a tirade, accusing him of being dirty.
4. The mother gets so angry with her son, she then takes off her bag and proceeds to hit him with it due to this behavior.
In the second case, the mother wears a green dress and walks past her son, who calls her “piggy”. The woman then calls his name, takes off her wig and confronts her son, hitting him with her hairpiece.
She promptly launches into a tirade telling her son that he should be ashamed of himself, while he pleads with her to quiet down as he is working.
The man then attempts to claim that he didn’t actually make the remark and it was a man in a nearby car, but he eventually apologizes before his mother walks off.
The video ends with a warning that men should start respecting women, before they unwittingly harass their own mothers. That warning comes after the video claims that seven in ten women say they have experienced sexual harassment on the streets of the Peruvian capital Lima.
5. Another mother, wearing a black wig walks past her son, who is standing working on the streets of Lima.
6. After making a remark towards his mother, she then turns around and goes over to confront him.
7. She then takes off her wig to reveal herself and then throws it on the floor in anger after being disgusted by her son’s behavior.
8. The mother then tells her son he should be ashamed of himself for speaking to her like that, as he pleads with her to calm down.
9. The man then tries to claim he didn’t make the remark but is then forced to apologize to his mother before she walks off.
Share this video with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to see that, too.