A group of tourists were filmed baiting a wild pig into an alligator-infested river in Louisiana to be eaten alive.
The clip shows a huge alligator stalking the pig patiently from the murky waters of a river in New Orleans, Louisiana, before lunging out and snatching the animal which had waded in to retrieve the food tourists had thrown from a boat.
The reptile is visible from the boat, as tourists throw food before the pigs to lure them into the river and can be heard talking about the alligator. One man is heard saying:
We need to feed him one of these pigs.
Another voice can be heard saying:
Look at the pigs back up.
Meanwhile, the pigs carefully step forward and then run back after grabbing a piece of bread thrown at them in front of the alligator. Other voices are heard laughing.
1. Disturbing footage has emerged of the moment a wild pig is being used as a bait to be eaten by an alligator.
2. Bread is seen being tossed into the water before the wild pig comes face-to-face with the reptile.
When one of the pigs steps into the water to retrieve the food, the reptile lunges out and grabs it by the hind legs.
The helpless victim is heard frantically screaming, as it vainly tries to escape, while the other pigs are seen rushing forward, evidently in an effort to help save their relative.
Eventually, however, the alligator drags its prey underwater.
Tourists are heard screaming, as the boat pulls away from the river bank, even as the pig is still scrambling to escape the reptile’s jaws.
3. The killer alligator lunges out at the pig after stalking its prey from the murky water in New Orleans.
4. Disturbing footage shows the hungry alligator stalking its prey from the murky waters before striking it.
Right before the video ends, a tourist is heard saying:
That was amazing.
The video was shared on YouTube by Jacques Brousseau under the title New Orleans Alligator Devours Pig and its description reads:
While touring the Bayou in New Orleans, this big guy took advantage of some very daring feral pigs, it was hard to watch, and one woman on board almost threw up, but this is reality in the Bayou.
5. Stunned tourists are heard screaming while their boat quickly sailed away from the scene.
6. As the helpless animal frantically screams and tries to escape, the other pigs are seen rushing to its aid.
7. Unfortunately, the victim does not get far and gets dragged underwater by the predator.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.