After waking up in agonizing pain in one of his ears, an Arkansas teen decided to find out what was wrong.
Grant Botti, 14, of Saline County, Arkansas, said he felt something strange in his ear. When he reached in, he managed to pull out the source of his discomfort: a huge, four-inch long centipede.
Grant’s mother, Angela Botti, then put the still-alive critter in a plastic bag and took her son to the emergency room, according to KATV. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Grant Botti, 14, of Arkansas, said he woke up in agonizing pain on Tuesday and found a four-inch centipede in his ear.
2. Saline Memorial doctors and nurses said that they had seen people come in with all sorts of things in their ears, but never a centipede — until now.
3. Grant said he felt something strange in his ear, so he grabbed a hold of it and pulled out the centipede (pictured).
Upon examination, an ER doctor found small abrasions in the teen’s ear drum. Grant was treated and then released.
His mother told KATV that they have no idea where the centipede may have come from, but her son had recently been swimming outdoors.
Saline Memorial doctors and nurses said that they have had patients come in with all kinds of things in their ears, however they’d never had one with a centipede — until now.
4. Grant’s mother, Angela, said that they don’t know where the critter came from, but her son had recently been swimming outdoors.
5. Checking his ear canal for a painful blockage, a man finds a huge spider burrowed inside (related).
Read more: KATV.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.