A Chinese woman found a hairless and emaciated stray dog roaming the streets of her city and nursed him back to health. The before-and after photographs tell the story and it is a remarkable one.
The woman, who is only known as Lu, found the malnourished Samoyed canine near her home in the Chinese city of Nanning, Guangxi Province, in 2012. She said that at the time he was so thin that no-one would go near him. Yet, despite his appearance, Lu decided to adopt the stray dog and called him Tai Zhang.
Looking back at the time she first saw Tai Zhang, Lu recalled that he “looked so sad and thin” and added that the dog seemed to be suffering from a “skin disease”. So she immediately went home and brought back some food. From that day on, Lu would meet Tai Zhang in the same spot near her home every day and always bring some food with her. She said:
No one in the community would approach it. Even other dogs would bark it away. It waited for me each day under my building, which touched me.
Thanks to her loving care, the dog recovered and put on weight. In time, his fluffy white coat grow back and the photos below show him happily parading his new look in Lu’s apartment.
1. Before and after: Tai Zhang has gone from being dangerously underweight and bald to being healthy and having an enviable fluffy white coat.
2. The Samoyed breed dog was found wandering the streets of Nanning in Guangxi Province.
3. Lu, who adopted Tai Zhang, said he appeared to be suffering from a skin disease when they first met.
4. Lu is pictured with a bright-eyed and, thanks to her, bushy-tailed Tai Zhang.
5. The former stray is seen sporting his fluffy new coat after being nursed back to health by Lu.
6. Thanks to Lu’s kindness, the dog, a Samoyed breed, recovered and was able to put on weight.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share this stray dog’s story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.