Uma Thurman was completely unrecognizable when she showed up at the premiere party for her new miniseries The Slap on Monday in New York City.
As the 44-year-old stepped out sporting a new look, with a smooth forehead and puffy face, to go along with an unnaturally tight smile, comparisons with Renee Zellweger were inevitable.
In fact, while some observers claim that Uma’s transformation is not quite as dramatic as Renee’s, I doubt that, if flying into the country, Homeland Security would have let her in if she produced at the airport a passport with her old picture in it.
1. Uma Thurman was looking decidedly different as she attended the NY premiere party for her new miniseries The Slap on Monday.
2. The actress’ forehead was suspiciously smooth and her entire face looked quite taut.
3. Experts agreed that Uma was looking dramatically different, especially around her eyes and speculated that any work Uma has had done was quite recent.
Speaking to The Daily Mail, Mark Norfolk, Clinical Director at Transform Cosmetic Surgery, had this to say about Thurman’s new look:
Uma certainly looks like she’s undergone a dramatic transformation and in my opinion, she’s looking too overdone.
The thing that strikes me most is that her eye area looks very different. It looks as though she’s had a recent lower blepharoplasty treatment, also known as eye bag removal. She isn’t wearing any eyeliner or mascara, probably in order to avoid infection from the new surgery.
Her face shape seems to have changed significantly — her face looks less defined. I would say that she’s probably had a recent course of strong chemical peels as well as some dermal filler injected into the cheeks and nasal labial area; which is all contributing to this swollen-looking finish as it can have this effect immediately after undergoing these treatments.
Her forehead is also very prominent and looks rather elongated, shiny, taut and line-free, which are all classic tell tale signs of regular Botox use. I would suggest that she’s had too much product injected into this area, which is contributing to her brow and upper eyelids looking very heavy.
The combination of these possible procedures is making her look less youthful, and we’d advise Uma to lay off the treatments for a while and if and when she does have them, to remember that less is more.
At her age, she would benefit from taking a more subtle approach as she is a naturally attractive woman and doesn’t require too much product.
4. Mark Norfolk, Clinical Director at Transform Cosmetic Surgery said, ‘It looks as though she’s had a recent lower blepharoplasty treatment, also known as eye bag removal’.
5. Mark added, ‘I would say that she’s probably had a recent course of strong chemical peels as well as some dermal filler injected into the cheeks and nasal labial area; leading to the swollen look’.
6. One of Uma’s best known roles is Pulp Fiction, which she starred in in 1994.
Alison Telfer, from the Glasshouse Clinic, said:
Uma has long been known for her very chiseled jawline. As much as this is seen as a valued asset in younger years, having a chiselled jawline can be very aging as women get older.
It looks like she’s had dermal fillers around the jawline with the aim of making her appear more youthful and fuller faced, but this has made her jaw look broader.
She also looks like she’s had dermal fillers in her tear trough area (which is just under the eyes). I’d predict that this has been done fairly recently and will probably settle soon.
When women naturally have very chiseled jawlines, you need to be very careful with treatment, the lower face can look very heavy in the early days or if it’s overdone.
Take a look at the images and judge for yourself.
7. Uma Thurman’s “old” look.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.