A five-year-old child is convinced that he was reincarnated as a boy after a past life as a 30-year-old black woman who, he claims, he remembers dying in a fire.
Luke Ruehlman, from Cincinnati, Ohio, believes that he was once named Pam and lived in Chicago until she jumped to her death from a burning building in 1993.
Luke claims that he was then reincarnated and says he even remembers being named Luke by his parents. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Luke Ruehlman, now five, claimed that he used to be Pamela Robinson, right, who died in a fire in 1993.
2. According to Luke’s mother, Erika, at first he simply named things Pam, then started referring to when he ‘used to be a girl’.
Though the boy’s recollections have now stopped, his mother Erika told local station FOX8 how from the age of two Luke would make references to his alter ego.
Erika said that at first Luke would simply name things Pam and would seem fixated with the name. Later, she explained, the boy would start making references to his apparent past life as a woman. She said:
He used to say: “When I was a girl, I had black hair.” Or he would say, “I used to have earrings like that when I was a girl.”
3. Pamela Robinson died when the Paxton Hotel in Chicago caught fire in 1993. According to his mother, Luke identified facts from the event with no prior knowledge of them.
4. Luke’s mother said internet searches based on information from Luke led her to reports of the 1993 blaze.
Erica explained that when confronted with the question who Pam was, Luke would say that he in fact used to be her and would add that he remembered a strange process of reincarnation during which he was “pushed back down” to earth as a newborn. The boy said:
Well, I used to be [Pam], but I died. I went up to heaven, and I saw God, and he pushed me back down and when I woke up, I was a baby and you named me Luke.
According to Erika, her Luke’s claims are supported by facts he could not possibly have learned on his own.
For example, after Luke revealed that in his “former life” as Pam he lived in Chicago, Erika found an old news story which did mention a Pamela Robinson, who died during the big Paxton Hotel fire in 1993 (see the video below).
5. Erika Ruehlman, pictured, was initially skeptical but said he son has now convinced her of his past life.
6. ‘Pushed down by God’: Luke claimed to remember being sent to earth again as a baby boy.
A TV show investigating paranormal stories also claimed to prove the truthfulness of Luke’s story.
In footage for the show The Ghost Inside My Child, Luke was shown a page with images of black women in their 30s, only one of whom was the dead Pamela Robinson.
When asked to select Pamela, the video claims, Luke chose the correct photo.
That was enough to convince Erika, who reached out to Robinson’s family and said they shared with her more about her personality which seemed to match Luke’s.
Erika gave the examples of her son loving Stevie Wonder, as did Robinson, and of the two sharing an enthusiasm for playing the keyboard, though Luke’s was a children’s version.
When contacted by Fox8, however, Robinson’s family declined to comment.
7. A child claims he was once a woman in another life.
8. With 19 dead, the 1993 Paxton hotel fire was one of the worst in Chicago’s history.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.