With Their Three Children Chronically Ill And A Dog Dead Of Cancer, An Indiana Family Discovers That The Home They Bought A Year Ago Was Contaminated With METH.

Jenny and Chris Nugent bought a home in Mooresville, Indiana, for $144,000 after it past inspection last year and spent thousands more to turn it into their dream home where they would raise their children and retire one day. What they didn’t know, however, was that their new home was a former meth den, which was now poisoning their entire family, including their dog.

The Nugents had paid for a home inspection before closing on the house and it came back clean: no termites or mold were found. So in May 2013 the family began an extensive makeover. But once they moved in, everyone in the family started getting sick, including the two young daughters and baby son. Jenny Nugent told ABC News:

They were sick every week. They would wake up. Throw up. Have digestive issues and then by noon, one o’clock start to feel better.

The mystery illness was affecting everyone and the family dog had to be euthanized after falling ill with cancer. One early tell-tale sign for the Nugents was a strange metallic smell that permeated the entire house and was particularly strong in the kitchen.

Then in February of this year, a neighbor finally told the family what was going on inside their home before they moved in: the previous owner had reportedly cooked and used methamphetamine inside. Jenny Nugent immediately bought a meth test kit for $50 and, sure enough, the results were positive, with the first floor of their house, including the baby room, having meth levels 18 times higher than the safe level. (Scroll down for the video report.)

1. The Nugent family bought this home in Moorseville, Indiana, last year, only to discover that it has been contaminated with meth.

With Their Three Children Chronically Ill And A Dog Dead Of Cancer, An Indiana Family Discovers That The Home They Bought A Year Ago Was Contaminated With METH.

The Nugents immediately moved out of their dream home and settled in an apartment after getting rid of most of their belonging for fear of contamination. Jenny Nugent said:

It feels like a death happened, to be honest. That’s how it feels to my husband and I.

The Nugents have now filed a lawsuit against the real estate agent who sold them the house, along with the real estate company, Carpenter Realtors, and the former owner, claiming breach of contract.

2. Chris and Jenny Nugent.

With Their Three Children Chronically Ill And A Dog Dead Of Cancer, An Indiana Family Discovers That The Home They Bought A Year Ago Was Contaminated With METH.

3. Previous homeowner Josh Argue.

With Their Three Children Chronically Ill And A Dog Dead Of Cancer, An Indiana Family Discovers That The Home They Bought A Year Ago Was Contaminated With METH.

4. The Nugents’ three children (pictured), and even the family dog, suffered from vomiting, nausea, difficulty breathing and headaches. The pet eventually fell ill with cancer and had to be put down.

With Their Three Children Chronically Ill And A Dog Dead Of Cancer, An Indiana Family Discovers That The Home They Bought A Year Ago Was Contaminated With METH.

5. A test showed that the first floor, including the baby room, had meth levels 18 times higher than what is considered safe.

With Their Three Children Chronically Ill And A Dog Dead Of Cancer, An Indiana Family Discovers That The Home They Bought A Year Ago Was Contaminated With METH.

6. After learning the awful truth, the family moved out of the remodeled house and into an apartment.

With Their Three Children Chronically Ill And A Dog Dead Of Cancer, An Indiana Family Discovers That The Home They Bought A Year Ago Was Contaminated With METH.

7. The Nugents have filed a lawsuit against their real estate agent, Lori Argue (pictured center), claiming that she had to know the truth about the house since it was her own son, Josh (pictured far left), who used to own it.

With Their Three Children Chronically Ill And A Dog Dead Of Cancer, An Indiana Family Discovers That The Home They Bought A Year Ago Was Contaminated With METH.

And here is the video report:

Source: ABC News, WRTV.

Share this family’s horror story with your friends and let us know what you make of it in the comments below.