Professor Jane Plant is a scientist and a cancer survivor whose story will serve as inspiration, and a guide, to many other cancer patients. Professor Plant was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1987 and she has been fighting it ever since. In 1993, Professor Plant was struck down by breast cancer for a fifth time and it was then when the doctors told her that she had only months to live.
Well, let’s just say that she refused to accept the sentence. Instead, Professor Plant decided to fight the illness on her own. She became convinced that at the core of her health problem lay her diet, dairy products in particular, noting that she had “nothing to lose by giving up the two low fat organic yoghurts I was eating a day each day. In addition, Professor Plant also cut out most animal protein such as meat, fish and eggs and banished all milk products. Well, within six weeks, during which time she was undergoing more conventional treatment, including chemotherapy, the tumor on her neck disappeared. Within a year, she was in remission and lived cancer free for the next 19 years. Congratulations!
1. Scientist Professor Jane Plant, pictured with husband Peter Simpson, says her dairy-free diet has helped her fight breast cancer for 20 years.
2. Professor Jane Plant with her first husband Ian Plant.
3. Professor Jane Plant was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1987.
4. In her new book Beat Cancer, Prof Plant gives a 10-step plan to ridding your diet of milk, cheese and yoghurts, to help beat cancer.
5. Prof Plant was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1987 and believes the disease is inextricably linked with animal products. Picture shows breast cancer cells dividing.
6. Prof Plant’s recipe for beating cancer.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share this inspirational story with your friends below and cheer them up.