Neighborly feuds aren’t exactly something new — people have been shouting at, stealing from, fighting with and otherwise clashing with the occupants of the house next door since time immemorial.
But, thanks to the internet, the hilarious neighborly conflicts are now playing out more or less in public, much to everyone’s amusement.
A new Instagram page called Neighbors from Hell has been collecting the outrageous accounts of irate people from all over the country. Most of the posts cover classic subjects like parking disputes, but some of them are simply surreal.
Consider, for example, the seemingly innocent text exchange about a naked kid, chasing the neighbor’s dog in their yard. “Boys will be boys”, replies the kid’s parent and then it is revealed that the “boy” terrorizing his canine is 24.
Or take the neighbor who gets busted sporting the coat they had “borrowed then lost” from their neighbor, while another man gets a bit too aggressive when called out on his dog using the neighbor’s yard as a toilet.
1. In the left-hand exchange a neighbor’s theft is busted a year on, while in the right-hand messages an attempt to tone down the noise takes an embarrassing turn.
2. As this exchange reveals, frivolous nudity is less endearing once you hit adulthood.
3. This uncouth pun ends badly for the girl next door who tries to tempt a guy — only to be confronted by his other half.
4. In both the above exchanges one neighbor has taken the other for a ride — either by letting their dog run wild (left) or making quick cash from an act of generosity (right).
5. This neighbor thinks the way to fix an alcohol-related problem is with more of the same.
Source: Neighbors from Hell.
Share these hilarious neighborly fights with your friends and give us your own stories in the comments below.